Thursday 23 May 2019

Our trip to Gallagher farm

We went on a great trip to Gallagher Farm. We did lots of pre-learning around our CHANGE inquiry. We learnt a lot of things that has helped us with our writing, reading and inquiry!

We learnt:

  • What cows eat
  • About calves
  • Parts of the farm
  • How and when cows are milked
  • How milk is stored and sent to milk factories
  • What they do with the cow poop
When we got back to school this helped us in our understanding of 'grass to glass' - how grass is turned into milk and we did some amazing writing about this. 

Check out our pictures of the day we had at the farm and keep an eye out for lots more learning around what we did at Gallagher Farm. 


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun on the farm. I love the cow art you hav in your classroom. Can I borrow one to have in my office for a few weeks. I like cows because I grew up on a farm where we had lots of cows. They all had names and we got to know them very well. My favourite cow was called 'Unique'. She was a real character. You've probably moved on from cows in class now, but I could tell you a few cow stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved the farm but it was smelly everywhere

    ReplyDelete